Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 84

Thread: Very disappointed in some GC fans tonight

  1. #31
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Very disappointed in some GC fans tonight

    Nobody feels like they did once they get out of high school, well those who move on. Young people for the most the players, coaches, and Jason (only person from GC who is over the age of 25 I'll even try to talk to not directly tied to the team) are great people. The rest of the fan base needs to grow up. They got what was coming to them today.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #32
    Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    905
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Very disappointed in some GC fans tonight

    The rest of the fan base needs to grow up? Yet you make the comments you make on this board? You pulled for a team today that taunted the GC fans, trying to get them to come on the field. They're coaching staff was even involved in it. Yet you want to put Gate City down? You're pathetic.
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

  3. #33
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Very disappointed in some GC fans tonight

    I don't really have time to worry about fans anymore. More important things like my finals coming up. Excitement about performing in the All-Kentucky Collegiate Band in February. Playing harder music.

    For awhile, Quincy wasn't one of my favorite people but I have gained a lot of respect for him. The guy has stuck up for me even when some people from my own school wanted to give me a hard time. I had always had plenty of respect for Tob and I'm not just saying that. Every 3rd quarter against Gate City while the band took the break Tob was the first GC fan I'd look for. The guy supported me in the field shows we did at GC games. The guy was a class act.

    Quincy is a class act though I don't always agree with him.

    Jason is one himself.

    After getting to know some of the GC fans, I decided "you know GC isn't near as bad as I thought."
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Very disappointed in some GC fans tonight

    Gretna Who? Fans taunting players with racial slurs, I'd hope they would respond. Wouldn't be much of a team or coach if they didn't. They cheered like GC fans cheered, sat with the Gretna people all day and the worst thing that was said is Gretna Who back at the GC clan. Just be thankful they turned it over and the refs threw a million flags on them or it would've been William Campbell vs. Appy version 2002 all over again.

    The comments I made on this board you are reffering to? If it is in reference to my pre-game comments, I think that pretty much came to be true. Unlike some I choose to follow the rest of the state and am not dumb enough to believe my team is going to be the best team in the first 3 divisions of the state. Try being realistic for once in your life you wont be nearly as pissed off.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  5. #35
    Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    905
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Very disappointed in some GC fans tonight

    There were no racial slurs spoken before they started that garbage. It started as soon as they hit the field. We were very realistic. Just because we pull for our team doesn't mean we're not. I'll lose 52-0 and have our kids act the way they act, compared to the garbage I saw before the game from Gretna. They have a great team, but there is NO discipline at all. When a coach acts like their coaches were acting, there's a major problem. I've went to games for 35 years, and have never seen a coach act in that manner.
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

  6. #36
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Very disappointed in some GC fans tonight

    Your kidding right? Your saying it's ok to use racial slurs if somebody makes you mad? Lord God I see the ACLU rolling into Scott County.

    I'm so glad you were able to get back on your feet after that one win over PV Quincy, I really am. That was the only bad thing about PV winning six and row you where no where to be seen. On another note, of all the people talking about wishing others luck (which I could care less) didn't see anybody wishing PV luck last year or Norton for that matter. It's a disgrace what some of you people do, at least admitt to what you feel. I'm not going to pull for GC until the 40+ crowd can act like the 16-30 crowd and be civilized. Until then, the hell with them, period. If you dont like it so be it.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  7. #37
    Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    905
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Very disappointed in some GC fans tonight

    Racial slurs are never ok, so please show me where I made that comment. I've been here win or lose, unfortunately a few of your colleagues can't make that statement. The only time I haven't been here after a PV game was when my brother had his heart attack THAT DAY. Real life means alot more than pacifying you on a message board. You have a personal problem with Gate City and it's fans. The only fans you like are the ones that kiss your ass on a regular basis. The ones that refuse to do so aren't worth your time. That's perfectly fine with me.
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

  8. #38
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Very disappointed in some GC fans tonight

    Of your over 3000 posts how many do you think have been directed at me? I'd wager several. You have a personal problem with high school kids losing a game, which is a very sad situation. Hope to see you next season, oh yes I forgot your just another nameless face that hides behind a keyboard. Have fun responding, so I can laugh at you some more. Admitt it Quincy you just cant resist, you love arguing with me, wasting your time as you put it even though it's not worth it.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  9. #39
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Very disappointed in some GC fans tonight

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> a few of your colleagues </div></div>


    Who are you talking about? And how am I to control another human being. Again you might need to step back and look at yourself and your own fan base, just a thought.

  10. #40
    Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    905
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Very disappointed in some GC fans tonight

    I don't hide behind a keyboard. I'm at every game. I don't have a problem with the kids win or lose. I support them regardless. The games are about the kids. I'll gladly introduce myself next season.
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •